PayPal - la solution de paiement en ligne la plus simple et la plus sécurisée !

Report help

All about the Wine Cellar 3D program

Report help

Messagepar Mikeyd » 06 Février 2016, 00:32

I am asking for advice from any and all. I created a word doc with two tables. One that show the bottle ID in a rack and a second with the name of the winery, bottles in rack with location in column and row.

Every time I make an addition or removal of bottle(s) I have to go back and forth between Word and 3d Wine.
So I am trying to create a report with results similar to this
ideal_template.PNG
ideal_template.PNG (71.69 Kio) Consulté 9574 fois

that would be current with the program.
If I could create a template with a table to identify the bottle ID in a rack location that would call from the non empty bottles in the path . Does this make any sense? Is it even possible?

Thanks for any input.

Michael
Mikeyd

Message(s) : 23

Re: Report help

Messagepar Alexandre » 08 Février 2016, 11:09

Hello,

i don't understand very well what you want exactly,

in picture i see bottle #15 in "I 6" but in picture it's number 27 on top and bottom 15
but bottle #14 in "L 6" i see 14 on top
so first line is 1 or 6, you have error in your picture or i don't understand it?

please put your report in your next message so i can try modify it. I think we can make something with a result similar.
Alexandre
Administrateur

Message(s) : 177

Messagepar Mikeyd » 11 Février 2016, 04:50

Sorry, the previous post was incomplete and with errors. This graphic hopefully will illustrate what I was trying to ask. The top table is my East rack, able to hold up to six bottles in each column. The lower right hand area is like an X bin.
The lower graphic is of course a report that I snipped. Under the location column, I had to insert text boxes and type in the column/row designation. I created a report that uses [Paths."location"], but the result is only the first full bottle in the path. I was thinking that I could use the path of full bottles as input into the upper table or vica versa.
I also attached the print report. Hope this is a little clearer.

Michael
Pièces jointes
ideal template 2-5-16.wc3dfr3
sort of what i am try to accomplish.
(19.18 Kio) Téléchargé 585 fois
ideal.PNG
ideal.PNG (65.04 Kio) Consulté 9563 fois
Mikeyd

Message(s) : 23

Messagepar Alexandre » 14 Février 2016, 12:52

Hello,

thanks i understand better now, let me few days for write it.
Alexandre
Administrateur

Messagepar Alexandre » 22 Février 2016, 19:50

Hello,

i write some code for put id title in var like a1, a2, ... based on path of title
you need to put in each path of title the correct path
see picture, what do you think ? Bottom right in v i have doubt for the correct way for show it

exemple_cave.jpg
exemple_cave.jpg (525.5 Kio) Consulté 9310 fois

ideal template 2-5-16.1.jpg
ideal template 2-5-16.1.jpg (302.73 Kio) Consulté 9310 fois
Pièces jointes
(1.74 Mio) Téléchargé 535 fois
Alexandre
Administrateur

Messagepar Michael Dillon » 26 Février 2016, 04:39

Hello Alexandre
Your reply to my question for help is just awesome. It is exactly what I was looking for. I don’t know much about code, but I see you made it very adjustable. Because I have racks with three different horizontal string lengths, starting with A…. , the vertical integers are all 1 – 6, it will be easy to modify. I will be able to create three templates named East, North and West.

A problem I now have regards paths. I have attached a png file that shows how I was using the path function with the full /empty bottles. Initially I had to add rack location to the column and row designation to avoid “this bottle path already exists”.
After adjusting the wording in the path per your suggestion and attempting to do the same for bottles in the West rack, I am getting that error message again. I don’t know what to add or change to the path or code so that A1 in the East rack doesn’t conflict with A1 in the North or West rack.

I wonder if the code for the report could include rack location in the <ActualPath> ie: East rack A1
Thanks again for your help.
Pièces jointes
path conflict.PNG
path conflict.PNG (38.09 Kio) Consulté 9291 fois
Michael Dillon

Message(s) : 9

Messagepar Alexandre » 02 Mars 2016, 21:13

Hello,

i think i have make what you want, say me if something is wrong.

Also here is a little video who explain how to select multiple item and change color or other also you can see sample output:
http://www.toutenvrac.org/video_tutoria ... plate.html
Pièces jointes
(5.16 Mio) Téléchargé 529 fois
Alexandre
Administrateur

Messagepar Michael Dillon » 03 Mars 2016, 05:54

Hello Alexandre,
I am amazed at what you create!! Your new template is great and I think it is something I can work with. I downloaded the template and it’s amazing. Thank you so much.

I was just getting ready make another request but I’m feeling bad about using all your time. Based on your previous reply and template, I had gone back and adjusted the path to simple column/row, went into settings and unclicked the ‘warn if same value………’ Working fine.

This last weekend I purchased wine with the same 'ID' and thought that by adding a comment to the columun/row addition it will be easier to track when we will drink them.

I wonder if there is a way to add into the code a way to have additional comment that doesn’t interfere with the codes procedure, IE: anything after the row number? This way in the below example, K2 would satisfy the “then” and “begin” procedure and “purchased ……………..” would be ignored. Does this make sense??

Again, I thank you so much for the time and effort you spend helping me.

Michael
Pièces jointes
comment in path.png
comment in path.png (15.21 Kio) Consulté 9271 fois
Michael Dillon

Messagepar Alexandre » 03 Mars 2016, 12:59

the best way is to copy past title, you have to simply change "date buy" in the new title then change number of path and her location

in path you can put what you want, there are 3 rules to follow for put it in a rack graphic:
must begin by rack where you want to put it, ex: n e w
need column text ex: columna column A
need have row after column ex: row5 row 9
text after row are ignored
Alexandre
Administrateur

Messagepar Michael Dillon » 04 Mars 2016, 02:52

'the best way is to copy past title, you have to simply change "date buy" in the new title then change number of path and her location'

i’m a little dense this morning :oops: ; I think you’re saying I should add a new entry?

'in path you can put what you want, there are 3 rules to follow for put it in a rack graphic:
must begin by rack where you want to put it, ex: n e w
need column text ex: columna column A
need have row after column ex: row5 row 9
text after row are ignored'

I should have clarified that a little better. I was referring to the detail data rather than the rack graphic. I was wondering if, in the report at the [locationononeline], anything after the row number would be ignored. Such as maximum character in the [locationononeline] ?

Again, thanks so much.

Michael
Michael Dillon

Suivant

Retour vers Wine Cellar 3D